Implementing agencies at the national and local level
• The local authorities: planning at a local level.
• The JSCs: planning at a regional level.
• Ministry of Local Government: Follow up the implementation of the projects and activities by the local Authorities and JSCs (national levels).
• Environment Quality Authority: Follow up the implementation of the national solid waste management strategy by the local Authorities (national level).
• Ministry of local Government: support the local authorities with the needs of implementation.
• The local: collection, sweeping, transport, transfer, dumping, operating the dumpsites.
• The Joint Service Councils (JSCs): transport, transfer, and dumping the waste in the landfills, operating the landfills.
• Private sector: partially collects and transport the waste. Recycling and reuse as well.
For monitoring and enforcement
• Environment Quality Authority: enforcement of the environmental law regarding SWM.
• The Steering Committee for the NSWMS: following up and monitoring the implementation of the Strategy.
• Ministry of Local Government: monitoring on the Local Authorities and the JSCs.
• The Joint Service Councils: self monitoring.
• Ministry of Health: monitoring the handling and managing the medical waste.